- 48th Annual Terry Stonier 9-Ball •Real Time Feed Page•
- James Boch’s 10 Foot, One Pocket Challenge! (Real Time Feed)
- USBA at Casino Del Sol: “3-Cushion Billiards, Real Time Feed Page!”
- POV Pool Celebrating 5 Years of Coverage
- NOW: Pierce Custom Cues, NorCal Pool Tour: Stop #2
- USBA kicks off 2017 with a BANG!
- U.S. Juniors Return to Shanghai to Vie for World Titles
- West-Coast Pool News: ‘The 2016 NorCal Pool Tour’ is underway!
- Francisco ‘Django’ Bustamante vs. Tony ‘T-Rex’ Chohan Access
- 2016 Hard Times 10-Ball – ‘REAL TIME FEED PAGE’
The Golden Cue’s Monthly One-Pocket – Every 2nd Saturday!
Saturday, July 11th – 2015
Golden Cue Billiards – South El Monte, CA
One-Pocket with a 3-Level Handicap
The Golden Cue Billiards and it’s management has settled on a handicap – one-pocket format, designed to attract players to the game who may normally feel a little hesitant to get into the box with some of the better ‘one-pocketeers’ that frequent the venue for its monthly event. Played out every 2nd Saturday of the month, The Golden Cue takes in around 2o players to the ‘action room’ to compete for prize money which consists of $100 added and a $24 entry fee. This Saturday will be no different except to say that the less skilled of the ‘one-pocketeers’ will have slightly better odds and will afford them the opportunity to play a few more matches with some of the better players in the field.
In the game of pool there are many players of varying skill levels, so our goal here is to equalize the field by changing some of the requirements to win. In the game of One-Pocket, when to players, play ‘EVEN’ it means that there is no handicap and in a rack of 15 balls, the first player to pocket the 8th ball wins the game. The Golden Cue’s monthly will make adjustments to this ball count, depending on the division of skill level that it has settled on. With the help of the ‘all knowing’ public, Tournament Director, Geraldine Thibodeau will assign each player’s skill level that will determine your handicap.
Geraldine states, “We believe this is going to be a successful way to promote one-pocket to new players that want to learn more about this game. Working with Golden Cue’s owner, Kenny Hoshide, we have done some polling and surveys to find out what will work best and we are happy to provide this format of play for the game of one-pocket. The only spot that we have not committed to is if a ‘Super Pro’ like Dennis Orcullo or Scott Frost shows up and wants a piece. At that point, it’s possible that even those in the ‘Pro’ category may even be spotted a ball or two. We are looking forward to seeing some new faces and also our regular visitors. Please join us this Saturday at Noon for practice – the tournament begins at 1:30 pm.”
What Shot Would You Do?
POV Pool will also the at Golden Cue to capture a few matches and to record a video response to our second edition of “What Shot Would You Do?” – In the future, we expect this to become a sponsored segment that will occur monthly.
Skill Level Ball Spot Your score against a beginner
- Beginner 4-Balls 8-8
- Intermediate 2-Balls 9-7
- PRO 0-Balls 10-6
- Super PRO 0-Balls To Be Determined
Video Recording and Live Bracket
As an additional courtesy to its players and to The Golden Cue, POV Pool will be there to provide video recording services using a 3-camera package and audio commentary. This event WILL NOT be live streamed, so spectators will have to visit the venue and enjoy the A/C, Beer and Snacks available. There will also be a live bracket available to view online, which is powered by CompuSport; a custom link which will be made available soon.
Tournament Details and Times
The Golden Cue 2nd Saturday One-Pocket Tournament – Every 2nd Saturday of the Month!
- Open to 32 Players
- $24 Entry (Includes $4 Green and TD Fee)
- $100 Added – Based on 16 Players
- Start Time 1:30 PM – Practice at Noon
- Double Elimination / Race to 2/1
- Handicap Format – Balls Spotted
- The Golden Cue Billiards / Google Map
- Phone Number: (626) 575-4821
- Tournament Director: Geraldine Thibodeau (310) 889-4799